[comp.windows.ms] Device-Independant Bitmaps for Windows

kensy@microsoft.UUCP (Ken SYKES) (09/14/90)

In article <1990Sep12.200242.5134@agate.berkeley.edu> c60c-3fz@web-2c (In Sik Rhee) writes:

>Error - Terminating ... bleah!!!   the thing that puzzles me, though, is
>that the program module is bug-free...   so how do I locate this bug?

I've said THAT before!  It's very rare that a program of any reasonable
size is bug-free.  Anyway if I understand you correctly you pass the DLL
a .GIF and it returns a handle to a metafile.  Then your app plays back
the metafile on the screen and it crashes at this point.  If that is the
case first check your playback code to make sure it is accurate.  Then
watch the return values during metafile creation.  If they are Ok then
replace PlayMetaFile() with an EnumMetaFile/PlayMetaFileRecord combo
and see which record crashes.  If that doesn't help summarize the code
to the net and someone might see what's wrong.

Ken Sykes
Disclaimer: The above opinions are solely my own.