[comp.windows.ms] HIMEN.SYS locks up Windows

cluther@supernet.haus.com (Clay Luther) (09/18/90)

I have a 286 with 640/1024 expanded.  When I try to run Windows 3 with
Himen.sys loaded, Windows freezes the machine at the start up screen.  If
I remove Himen, Windows goes braindead into real mode.

Is there any hope?

--
Clay Luther                      cluther@supernet.haus.com
Postmeister                      cluther@supernet.lonestar.org

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russell Poffenberger) (09/18/90)

In article <1990Sep17.183130.26829@supernet.haus.com> cluther@supernet.haus.com (Clay Luther) writes:
>I have a 286 with 640/1024 expanded.  When I try to run Windows 3 with
>Himen.sys loaded, Windows freezes the machine at the start up screen.  If
>I remove Himen, Windows goes braindead into real mode.
>
>Is there any hope?

You should have some extended memory. It shouldn't cause a lockup, but it
will perform better. Worth a try.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254