[comp.windows.ms] How do you change window ICONS

miguel@pdn.paradyne.com (Miguel Abdo) (09/19/90)

I have managed to change the icons for different items in my windows,
but only where they appear on the selection window.  When I minimize
the item I chose, it gives me a different icon, usually the DOS prompt
one.  Anybody know how I can change the icon for minimized mode?

spolsky-joel@cs.yale.edu (Joel Spolsky) (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep19.132850.23165@pdn.paradyne.com> miguel@pdn.paradyne.com (Miguel Abdo) writes:
>I have managed to change the icons for different items in my windows,
>but only where they appear on the selection window.  When I minimize
>the item I chose, it gives me a different icon, usually the DOS prompt
>one.  Anybody know how I can change the icon for minimized mode?

In principle, you can't, because the program itself tells Windows what
icon it wants to use for minimizing. In fact the minimized icon can
even be owner-draw (like the clock).

Joel Spolsky
spolsky@cs.yale.edu                                     Silence = Death