[comp.windows.ms] Control Heading font when printing Excel spreadsheet?

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (09/18/90)

In article <5865@plains.NoDak.edu>, kperson@plains.NoDak.edu (Kerry Person) writes:

# Guess the heading says it all.  What am I missing here?  It seems that the font
# and point size of the heading on my spreadsheets are the same size and font as
# the first character encountered in the spreadsheet itself.  The top row of my
# spreadsheet is in Helvetica 14 pt, but I want the heading (as defined in page
# setup) to be Helvetica 24 pt.  I tried inserting a row of height zero above
# the actual top row of my sheet, setting the font of that row to 24 pt before
# shrinking it down.  No good.  The heading still comes out 14 pt.  What gives?
#
# Kerry Person

I've never succeeded in mixing the font size of an Excel spreadsheet --
the Format Font command applies to the entire spreadsheet.

It would seem like a very useful option -- I'm quite surprised that
Microsoft hasn't done so, since nearly every other option you can
imagine is already in Excel.
--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
Crime control, Los Angeles style: mandatory Rolex registration, five day

blair@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (Brian Lair) (09/19/90)

In my version of Excel (2.1c), the Header and Footer are printed in
Font #1, independent of what fonts are used on the first row.  Row and
column headings are also printed in Font #1.
--
+---- Brian R. Lair  ------------------------------------------------------+
|     NCR Corporation, PPD Wichita, VLSI/CAE Operations                    |

kperson@plains.NoDak.edu (Kerry Person) (09/21/90)

In article <692@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM> blair@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (Brian Lair) writes:
>In my version of Excel (2.1c), the Header and Footer are printed in
>Font #1, independent of what fonts are used on the first row.  Row and
>column headings are also printed in Font #1.
>--
>|     NCR Corporation, PPD Wichita, VLSI/CAE Operations                    |
>+---- <Brian.Lair@Wichita.NCR.COM> or <uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!brian.lair> ----+

This is correct.  I tried it and that's what's happening.  Thanks to Brian,
and others who figured that out and e-mailed me.

Kerry Person
kperson@plains.NoDak.edu