[comp.windows.ms] MDI in Actor

borkoles@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Borkoles) (09/19/90)

I want to create MDI style windows using Actor, the manual says
to look it up in the SDK. I don't have access to this. Can
anybody help?

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (09/24/90)

In article <2837@sequent.cs.qmw.ac.uk> borkoles@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Borkoles) writes:

>I want to create MDI style windows using Actor, the manual says
>to look it up in the SDK. I don't have access to this. Can
>anybody help?

There is a file that comes with Actor 3.0 called mdi.lod.  It will, when
loaded into the Actor workspace, load a set of class files that support
MDI.  I, unfortunatly, didn't get the chance to change those class
files into proper "object oriented" class files before I left, but
they are there and will give you all you need for using MDI in
Actor.

Oh, and if you do want to get the SDK manuals, the one you'd need is
about 29.95 and can be bought at most bookstores.  Basically, Microsoft
has printed the SDK manuals and has them on the open market.  This
one should have the title of Windows reference guide.

I should have the modified class files out on CompuServe sometime
within a month.
--
"What's in a name?  That which we call a rose by any other name would smell
 as sweet."             William Shakespeare