[comp.windows.ms] New screen fonts, old apps

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (09/26/90)

I installed the postscript screen fonts (and a couple others) from cica.cica,
and I seem to be having some problems with applications (like PageMaker,
Word for Windows, and Ami Pro).  For some reason, these applications don't
support the fonts (like Garamond, which isn't part of PostScript-35).

Do I have to reinstall WfW or Ami Pro?  How can I get these programs to
recognize the font files?  Should I have my path point to my \WIN3 directory?
Or should I copy the files to my \WIN3\WORD or \WIN3\AMI directory?

dorsai@pawl.rpi.edu (G. Donald Moncreaff) (09/26/90)

In article <2180@sparko.gwu.edu> timur@seas.gwu.edu () writes:
>I installed the postscript screen fonts (and a couple others) from cica.cica,
>and I seem to be having some problems with applications (like PageMaker,
>Word for Windows, and Ami Pro).  For some reason, these applications don't
>support the fonts (like Garamond, which isn't part of PostScript-35).
>
>Do I have to reinstall WfW or Ami Pro?  How can I get these programs to
>recognize the font files?  Should I have my path point to my \WIN3 directory?
>Or should I copy the files to my \WIN3\WORD or \WIN3\AMI directory?

i had a similar problem a while back... it seems some of the larger windows
word proccessing, desktop pub, etc programs maintain individual printer setup
configurations. what you have to do is just basically go into your app, hit
the printer setup, hit ok, and after a few moments the fonts are there. the
few moments are for the rebuilding of some printer file or something. actually

--
respectfully yours,
                                                Gregory D. Moncreaff