[comp.windows.ms] Windows & Graphics

bg11+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian E. Gallew) (09/06/90)

I use Windows quite a bit, but I also like to play games like Wasteland.
 Does anybody know of a way to avoid the ugly color changes you get when
you switch aout of a full screen graphic application and then back into
it?

                                  -Brian

You drop the bomb -more-
It goes off... -more-
-
I am *NOT* as think as you dumb I am!! |  This space for rent (241-6939)
-
Disclaimer:  My mind is so secret that only the Russians know what I'm
thinging!
-

jls@hsv3.UUCP (James Seidman) (09/26/90)

In article <IatadD600WAyIJwkR5@andrew.cmu.edu> bg11+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian E. Gallew) writes:
>I use Windows quite a bit, but I also like to play games like Wasteland.
> Does anybody know of a way to avoid the ugly color changes you get when
>you switch aout of a full screen graphic application and then back into
>it?

What exactly are you talking about here?  I've noticed that when you hit
Alt-Enter to take a full-screen 16-color graphics app into a window, the
colors get screwed up (actually, this happens in text modes too!), but
I've never seen any trouble after going back to full screen mode.

What kind of graphics card are you using?  Are you running in Standard
or 386-Enhanced mode?  Are you using the standard driver and VDD or
a proprietary one?
--
Jim Seidman (Drax), the accidental engineer.
"There's a certain freedom to being completely screwed." - The Freshman