[comp.windows.ms] Running Aporia under 3.0

jls@hsv3.UUCP (James Seidman) (09/18/90)

I got Aporia off of cica.cica.indiana.edu, and it looked great, until I
discovered that it (like many things, it sounds like :) throws me out
of windows.  The specific case here is that if I had a Dos session running
in a window (in 386 enhanced mode, off course), and then tried to bring
up my editor (which is the latest version of Epsilon), windows would just
die and toss me out.  Anyone else suffered this problem?
--
Jim Seidman (Drax), the accidental engineer.
"There's a certain freedom to being completely screwed." - The Freshman

chaim@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Dr. Chaim Dworkin) (09/26/90)

In article <4844@hsv3.UUCP> jls@headland.UUCP (James Seidman) writes:

>I got Aporia off of cica.cica.indiana.edu, and it looked great, until I
>discovered that it (like many things, it sounds like :) throws me out
>of windows.  The specific case here is that if I had a Dos session running
>in a window (in 386 enhanced mode, off course), and then tried to bring
>up my editor (which is the latest version of Epsilon), windows would just
>die and toss me out.  Anyone else suffered this problem?
>--
>Jim Seidman (Drax), the accidental engineer.

I have a copy of Aporia and it is written for Windows 2.x; are you sure
your copy is a win3 version?  I ask because if you run a win2 program
under win3 and then try to switch windows you are likely to have Windows
die altogether.

--
Chaim Dworkin                             (chaim@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)

jls@hsv3.UUCP (James Seidman) (09/27/90)

In article <30148@netnews.upenn.edu> chaim@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Dr. Chaim  Dworkin) writes:
>I have a copy of Aporia and it is written for Windows 2.x; are you sure
>your copy is a win3 version?  I ask because if you run a win2 program
>under win3 and then try to switch windows you are likely to have Windows
>die altogether.

Well, it doesn't give me the old win app warning when I try to run it,
but all that means is that someone hit it with a mark as Win 3.0 app
program.  That's part of the reason why I asked if anyone else had
had any luck with the version on cica.