[comp.windows.ms] New Trident VGA card

jh5y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jordan Powell Hargrave) (09/16/90)

Just a few questions:

 Has anyone had any experience with any of the new Trident 8900 chipset
VGA boards? (eg. Trident & Logix)  I have the Logix VGA 1000 and have
been quite impressed with its performance. (Only have 256K on it, Ick! :-<)
Is it true that they have a 24-bit palette?  I will be getting a new
computer soon and want to have state-of-the-art equipment. :->

  Also, which monitors would be best to use with these cards? I am looking
for non-interlaced monitors at 1024x768, 14" or 16". I have heard good
reviews for the Nanao and Mitsubishi monitors.  Has anyone had any
problems/praises with these monitors?

Thanks,

    Jordan Hargrave
    Carnegie Mellon University

a752@mindlink.UUCP (Bruce Dunn) (09/26/90)

> e4666881@rick.cs.ubc.ca writes:
>      A good 1024 x 768 monitor which is non-interlaced would be the
> Seiko 1450.  Its an excellent monitor with a very back picture
> tube.

     Another vote from me for the Seiko monitor.  It has a very fine dot-pitch,
leading to sharp characters.  1024 x 768 with an ATI card gives no flicker,
even when using the monitor in a room with fluorescent lighting.
--
Did you hear the joke about the scientist whose wife had twins?
    - He baptized one and kept the other as a control.

Bruce Dunn   Vancouver, Canada    a752@mindlink.UUCP

e4666881@rick.cs.ubc.ca (richard louie) (09/27/90)

     A good 1024 x 768 monitor which is non-interlaced would be the
Seiko 1450.  Its an excellent monitor with a very back picture
tube.
     Another good monitor would be the Sony 1304.

Richard
e4666881.ricklab.cs.ubc.ca