[comp.windows.ms] Stop the liars!

jsstraub@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (James S. Straub) (09/26/90)

From: jsstraub@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (James S. Straub)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.ms
Subject: Stop the liars!
To people who hate Liars:

I made a big mistake!  I bought a graphics card that did
not have the right drivers for windows.  I was told over
the phone and in writing that they where going to make a
driver that supported 800x600x256.  The date it was to be
released was he 1st of September.  This date was written
on their company letter head and faxed to me by their
sales department.

Well, a month after the release date, tech support tells
me it was too _HARD_ to do and that they don't have plans
to that driver!

**--->  This company is *GENOA SYSTEMS CORPORATION.* <--**

If you don't like this please let them know about it. Maybe
they will change there minds.

Main Number : 800-423-6211
BBS Number  : 408-943-1231

Please don't make the mistake of buying any board from them.
You won't be happy.

Sorry if I sound like a ragging fool but I spent my summer
money on this board.

| James S. Straub       -> Life may be limited but your imagination isn't! <- |
| InterNET: jsstraub@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu     BITNet: jsstraub@sbccvm.bitnet |

magid@headcrash.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Magid) (09/26/90)

In article <1990Sep25.173034.20129@sbcs.sunysb.edu> jsstraub@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (James S. Straub) writes:

>To people who hate Liars:

I certainly do.

>I made a big mistake!  I bought a graphics card that did
>not have the right drivers for windows.  I was told over
>the phone and in writing that they where going to make a
>driver that supported 800x600x256.  The date it was to be
>released was he 1st of September.  This date was written
>on their company letter head and faxed to me by their
>sales department.

I made the same mistake, and was told the same thing.

>Well, a month after the release date, tech support tells
>me it was too _HARD_ to do and that they don't have plans
>to that driver!
>**--->  This company is *GENOA SYSTEMS CORPORATION.* <--**
>Sorry if I sound like a ragging fool but I spent my summer
>money on this board.

You are not a ragging fool they made promises to us and they should deliver on
them. If you really want to you probably have a small claims case against them
because you have their promise  in writing.  {You will probably get the price
of the board back} Good luck.

Paul Magid

magid@headcrash.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Magid) (09/27/90)

In article <1990Sep26.010132.10076@agate.berkeley.edu> magid@headcrash.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Magid) writes:
>In article <1990Sep25.173034.20129@sbcs.sunysb.edu> jsstraub@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (James S. Straub) writes:
>
>>To people who hate Liars:
>
>I certainly do.
>
>>I made a big mistake!  I bought a graphics card that did
>>not have the right drivers for windows.  I was told over
>>the phone and in writing that they where going to make a
>>driver that supported 800x600x256.  The date it was to be
>>released was he 1st of September.  This date was written
>>on their company letter head and faxed to me by their
>>sales department.
>
>I made the same mistake, and was told the same thing.
>
>>Well, a month after the release date, tech support tells
>>me it was too _HARD_ to do and that they don't have plans
>>to that driver!
>>**--->  This company is *GENOA SYSTEMS CORPORATION.* <--**
>>Sorry if I sound like a ragging fool but I spent my summer
>>money on this board.
>
>You are not a ragging fool they made promises to us and they should deliver on
>them. If you really want to you probably have a small claims case against them
>because you have their promise  in writing.  {You will probably get the price
>of the board back} Good luck.

Regretfully, only after I posted the reply to this posting did I do the logical
thing.  I called Genoa today.  The person I spoke to said that it is not true
that they are no longer working on the 256 color driver.  He said it should be
ready "after Comdex" {I think}  I hope thats helpful to people who are concerned
about this situation.  However, it is extremely anoying that it is taking them
so long, and that they can not live up to their deadlines.

Paul Magid

kensy@microsoft.UUCP (Ken SYKES) (09/27/90)

There's this thing called SVGA that is a "generic" display driver for Super
VGA cards around on BBSes etc. that may solve your problem.  You have to
provide it some information about your card in win.ini and it does the rest.

Don't know if this works with your card but it's worth a try.

Ken Sykes
Disclaimer: The above opinions are solely my own.