[comp.windows.ms] wnqvt45.zip upload to Circa

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) (09/28/90)

I too, am having problems with characters not displaying on the screen.  My
thoughts are that it might be the EGA font not working on my SVGA monitor.
Don't ask me why it would.  Just a thought that popped into my head...

    JWKIII

chen@eve.usc.edu (Chih-Tung Chen) (09/28/90)

I have an EGA card and I cannot see the display from winqvt v4.45 using
DEC character set (vt220.fon), either.

Tony C. Chen

tim@banyan.UUCP (Tim Henrion@Eng@Banyan) (09/28/90)

John W. Keating writes:
> I too, am having problems with characters not displaying on the screen.  My
> thoughts are that it might be the EGA font not working on my SVGA monitor.
> Don't ask me why it would.  Just a thought that popped into my head...
>
>    JWKIII

	I am using the TWEAK600 program to run my VGA in the undocumented
	800x600x16 mode and didn't had any of the problems that you guys
	are talking about.

	The only problem I encountered is that if you configure the
	serial line for hardware flow control and you only use 3-wire
	RS-232, WNQVT locks up for 20 seconds when you type a key
	before displaying an "output buffer full" message box.

	What I don't like about 4.45 is that the %#@&ing <CTRL>-<TAB>
	crashing your system bug is _STILL NOT FIXED_! This bug makes
	the program unusable for me (although it appears to be an
	excellent terminal emulation program).

Tim Henrion
tim@banyan.com --or-- ...!bu.edu!banyan!tim