[comp.windows.ms] How to have the main window & a child window active??

johnl@walt.cc.utexas.edu (John Lange) (09/28/90)

Have you ever noticed in Excel that the main window and one
child window can be active at the same time?  I have tried to
get this in my programs (Windows 3.0, the new SDK, and MSC 6.0)
but with no luck.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I would like
to do something similar on my current project.
Thanks in advance.

goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) (10/01/90)

In article <37740@ut-emx.uucp> johnl@walt.cc.utexas.edu (John Lange) writes:
>Have you ever noticed in Excel that the main window and one
>child window can be active at the same time?  I have tried to
>get this in my programs (Windows 3.0, the new SDK, and MSC 6.0)
>but with no luck.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I would like
>to do something similar on my current project.
>Thanks in advance.

Check out the Multiple Document Interface example code that comes with the
SDK.
--
Bob Goodearl -- goodearl@world.std.com