[comp.windows.ms] Kermit under Windows 3.0

climan@clamen.avalon.cs.cmu.edu (Dani Climan) (09/12/90)

Is there a public domain implementation of Kermit which will run in the
background under Windows 3.0?  I use Procomm Plus which will not run
properly under Windows (I am waiting for the next version).  Terminal's
Kermit implementation failed to download a file that Procomm received.
Is there a generic problem with running downloads in background?

Dani Climan
climan@clamen.avalon.cs.cmu.edu

wozniak@utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) (09/16/90)

In article <10444@pt.cs.cmu.edu> climan@clamen.avalon.cs.cmu.edu (Dani Climan) writes:
>Is there a public domain implementation of Kermit which will run in the
>background under Windows 3.0?  I use Procomm Plus which will not run
>properly under Windows (I am waiting for the next version).  Terminal's

	Get the good-old Procomm that is shareware.  It runs fine in the
background under Win 3, even as an iconified app.  I open it with only
256k mem allocated and no problems.  Sometimes newer is NOT better.

-bryon lape-

pnl@hpfinote.HP.COM (Peter Lim) (09/18/90)

> 	Get the good-old Procomm that is shareware.  It runs fine in the
> background under Win 3, even as an iconified app.  I open it with only
> 256k mem allocated and no problems.  Sometimes newer is NOT better.

Are you talking about version 2.4.2 ? Did you need to set any
parameters in SYSTEM.INI like COMbuffersize etc. etc. ?

Regards,                       ## Life is fast enough as it is ........
Peter Lim.                     ## .... DON'T PUSH IT !!          >>>-------,
                               ########################################### :
E-mail:  plim@hpsgwg.HP.COM     Snail-mail:  Hewlett Packard Singapore,    :
Tel:     (065)-279-2289                      (ICDS, ICS)                   |
Telnet:        520-2289                      1150 Depot Road,           __\@/__
  ... also at: pnl@hpfipnl.HP.COM            Singapore   0410.           SPLAT !

#include <standard_disclaimer.hpp>

wozniak@utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) (10/02/90)

>Are you talking about version 2.4.2 ? Did you need to set any
>parameters in SYSTEM.INI like COMbuffersize etc. etc. ?

	Not sure of the version number, but I know taht I did not set
anything in SYSTEM.INI for the programme (Procomm that is).  I do use
the pif editor to make a pif file.

-bryon lape-