[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 Cyrillic

bataller@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Erik Bataller, MACC) (10/03/90)

Shalom all,
	Would anyone happen to know there is a Cyrillic or Russian
font for windows 3.0?  Or perhaps know where to look?  My friend took
my suggestion and bought a Northgate.  He is Majoring in Russian and
needs to do papers.

Thanks, Erik

Email Bataller@vms.macc.wisc.edu

rust@hq.demos.su (Roustem Akhiarov) (10/06/90)

In article <4523@dogie.macc.wisc.edu> bataller@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Erik Bataller, MACC) writes:
>Shalom all,
>	Would anyone happen to know there is a Cyrillic or Russian
>font for windows 3.0?  Or perhaps know where to look?

Yes, we have a product named CyrWin which has a Cyrillic fonts, but
actually it's a commercial product.

Anybody interesting on it can contact me for more technical or
commercial details.

	Roustem Akhiarov
	Moscow, USSR
	Voice +7 095 153 3408
	Fax:  +7 095 292 0306
	Internet: rust@hq.demos.su

Hereafter is a short description of CyrWin package:

CyrWin is the package which allows to use Cyrillic letters inside
any Windows application. It consists from the full set of the
Cyrillic bitmap and stroke fonts, keyboard driver and wide set
of the Cyrillic downloadable fonts for the  HP LaserJet Series II
printers. All fonts contains Latin character set also.
Keyboard driver has built-in keyboard layout editor. You can
define your own alterative layout for any language (Spain, French,
Finish, Spanish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, etc.). So, you can easily create
multi-language document, quickly switching between different keyboard layouts.
It's quite useful for entering the characters from the Window's 3.0
Symbol character set (usually, it's possible to type half of the Symbol
characters only using Alt+num combination on the numeric keypad).
So, you can easily construct the mathematical formulas now.
--
Roustem Akhiarov
rust@ussr.eu.net

simon@hpspwr.enet.dec.com (Curiosier and curiosier...) (10/07/90)

In article <1990Oct6.165910.6071@hq.demos.su>, rust@hq.demos.su (Roustem Akhiarov) writes...
>In article <4523@dogie.macc.wisc.edu> bataller@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Erik Bataller, MACC) writes:
>>Shalom all,
>>	Would anyone happen to know there is a Cyrillic or Russian
>>font for windows 3.0?  Or perhaps know where to look?
>
>Yes, we have a product named CyrWin which has a Cyrillic fonts, but
>actually it's a commercial product.
>
>Anybody interesting on it can contact me for more technical or
>commercial details.

Roustem,

How much does it cost (both in dollars and roubles)?  Is it possible to
buy it in the USSR?

---------
Leo Simon			simon@pwrvax.enet.dec.com

Who is not liberal when young, does not have a heart.
Who is not conservative when old, does not have a brain.

						-- W. Churchill