[comp.windows.ms] ScreenPeace can't find files

monty@larry.sal.wisc.edu (Monty Schmidt) (10/05/90)

I've tried everything I can think of to get screenpeace to find the SPX files
but it seems to do no good... I have SPX DLL and screenpeace in my windows dir
and still when I go to pick a saver it can't find any in the listbox...
Anybody got any hints???? I'd really like to try it out... just can't get
it to work!

Patricia_Elizabeth_Houser@cup.portal.com (10/08/90)

I had the same problem until the trailing "\" was added to the path.

Patti Houser

wct1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William C Tom) (10/09/90)

In article <1990Oct8.220526.23393@sj.ate.slb.com> poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) writes:
>In article <1142@larry.sal.wisc.edu> monty@larry.sal.wisc.edu.UUCP (Monty Schmidt) writes:
>>

>>I've tried everything I can think of to get screenpeace to find the SPX files
>>but it seems to do no good... I have SPX DLL and screenpeace in my windows dir
>>and still when I go to pick a saver it can't find any in the listbox...
>>Anybody got any hints???? I'd really like to try it out... just can't get
>>it to work!

I had the same problem with the old version of screenpeace ;  I believe
the problem occurs if you are running the Windows "Clock", which
interferes with the CLOCK.SPX running in Screenpeace.  Either rename the
Windows Clock (e.g. "Klok"),  or get the latest version of Screenpeace
(Vers. 1.2).