[comp.windows.ms] Card files

jerry@starfish.Convergent.COM (Gerald Hawkins) (10/06/90)

Has anyone tried using the Card File application within Windows 3.0?  I
could be nuts, but I swear it sometimes mixes up the index lines from the
various cards in my address book.  This has happened several times, yet I
can't find a way to make it repeat, nor find an error I could be making
to cause the problem.

jerry.  (jerry@starfish.convergent.com)

dve@zooid.UUCP (David Mason) (10/10/90)

jerry@starfish.Convergent.COM (Gerald Hawkins) writes:

> Has anyone tried using the Card File application within Windows 3.0?  I
> could be nuts, but I swear it sometimes mixes up the index lines from the
> various cards in my address book.  This has happened several times, yet I
> can't find a way to make it repeat, nor find an error I could be making
> to cause the problem.

I had a 35-card cardfile which I had created in Windows 286. It had a few
graphics in it (monochrome) and was about 70k. About two weeks ago it
screwed up completely in Windows 3.0. I couldn't switch to certain cards
with graphics, I couldn't delete or add cards, and some of the cards were
mixed up. At the same time I found about 100k worth of lost clusters on my
hard disk using chkdsk. I'm not sure if Cardfile is to blame or something
else.