[comp.windows.ms] SetMenuString ?

kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) (10/03/90)

Is there a Windows function which is the inverse of
GetMenuString?  I don't find a SetMenuString.

I have a popup menu that is all fine and dandy, but I need to change one of
the titles on the menu at run time. In my situation, deleting the
old menu item, and adding a new one would be a problem (I'm running under
SQLWindows, and the processing of the menu's signals is done by SQLWindows.)
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."

goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) (10/10/90)

In article <1401@msa3b.UUCP> kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>Is there a Windows function which is the inverse of
>GetMenuString?  I don't find a SetMenuString.

The function you want is ModifyMenu.  The online help is a good way to find
things like this.  Click on Search and then enter "Menu".  This brings up
"Menu Functions" in the list box.  Click on the Search dialog button and
then Go To and you will now have a list of menu functions in front of you.
--
Bob Goodearl -- goodearl@world.std.com