[comp.windows.ms] Terminal and VT100 emulation

wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Bill Wilson) (10/08/90)

I am having problems with communications under windows 3.0 using
Winqvt and terminal.  Both programs loose characters when running
at 19200 baud.  Also, the keyboard is screwed up under terminal
when working on our VMS and Unix system.  Is there anything
special to get the arrows keys behaving normally and to have the
other VMS keys work with the VT100 emulation?

Thanks!

Let sleeping dragons lie........               | The RoleMancer
Bill Wilson             (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm | wilson@nauvax)
Northern AZ Univ  Flagstaff, AZ 86011
--

marshall@wind55.seri.gov (Marshall L. Buhl) (10/10/90)

wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Bill Wilson) writes:

>I am having problems with communications under windows 3.0 using
>Winqvt and terminal.  Both programs loose characters when running
>at 19200 baud.

I occasionally have this problem with both Terminal and Crosstalk for
Windows at 19200.

>at 19200 baud.  Also, the keyboard is screwed up under terminal
>when working on our VMS and Unix system.  Is there anything
>special to get the arrows keys behaving normally and to have the
>other VMS keys work with the VT100 emulation?

Hit the Scroll Lock key.  It toggles between local mode and remote
mode.
--
Marshall L. Buhl, Jr.                EMAIL: marshall@seri.gov
Senior Computer Missionary           VOICE: (303)231-1014

indra@ashirvad.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (10/12/90)

marshall@wind55.seri.gov (Marshall L. Buhl) writes:

>wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Bill Wilson) writes:

>>I am having problems with communications under windows 3.0 using
>>Winqvt and terminal.  Both programs loose characters when running
>>at 19200 baud.

>I occasionally have this problem with both Terminal and Crosstalk for
>Windows at 19200.
Just so we don't limit this to the few Comm packages mentioned here, I
have seen this to happen with UNICOMM, Microphone II, WinQVT and
Terminal. According to some knowledgable sources, this may be a problem
with the commmunications driver under Windows, which all these
applications may be using.

Does anyone know if any of the Windows communications packages utilize
the 16550 UART's fifo? Among the non-windows comm programs, QModem make
use of it.

>>at 19200 baud.  Also, the keyboard is screwed up under terminal
>>when working on our VMS and Unix system.  Is there anything
>>special to get the arrows keys behaving normally and to have the
>>other VMS keys work with the VT100 emulation?

>Hit the Scroll Lock key.  It toggles between local mode and remote
>mode.
I'll try the scroll lock key, however, when I called AST about this
problem, they sent me new PROMS for my machine. I do still see a
confused keyboard during communication with UNIX machine occasionally.

--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com or {ames apple uunet}!amd!indra