[comp.windows.ms] Where do I get CNS Views/C++?

star@tuvie (Inst.f.Kommerz.Datenver.) (10/11/90)

I'd be glad if somebody could mail me the address of the company
offering CNS Views/C++ (a class library for Windows programming in C++).
Any comments regarding the product would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
  Rainer Staringer.

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (10/12/90)

In article <1908@tuvie> star@tuvie (Inst.f.Kommerz.Datenver.) writes:
>I'd be glad if somebody could mail me the address of the company
>offering CNS Views/C++ (a class library for Windows programming in C++).
>Any comments regarding the product would also be appreciated.

CNS
7090 Shady Oak Road
Minneapolis, MN 55344
(612) 944-0170

I don't have any particular contacts I can recommend.
--
"What's in a name?  That which we call a rose by any other name would smell
 as sweet."             William Shakespeare

pnl@hpfinote.HP.COM (Peter Lim) (10/13/90)

> I'd be glad if somebody could mail me the address of the company
> offering CNS Views/C++ (a class library for Windows programming in C++).
> Any comments regarding the product would also be appreciated.

You might like to try Zortech Inc. They are offering CNS C++/Views
for $399.95 (they say until 31st October) for Zortech C++ owner.
This is the cheapest I know. Phone number, 1-800-848-8408.

I only got my copy for two days. Played around with the Browser;
looks pretty neat. Although I hope that they would display the source
in fix space font rather than proportional font. The Browser needs lots
of computing power though. On my 385-25 no cache with 10 MB RAM, the
Browser can think for 10 or more seconds when asked to load a class !
But once loaded, things are snappy and it use up very little system
resource.

You do need to have Windows 3.0 SDK to use CNS C++/Views. You also
need either Zortech C++ or Glokenspel C++ with MSC.

The document clearly states that CNS C++/Views uses LARGE memory model.
And MicroSoft's advice is to use MEDIUM memory model. May be their code
is very big ? Anyway, it does come with full source code.

So, far things look promising for the CNS C++/Views, Zortech C++
and Windows 3.0 SDK on my system.

Regards,                       ## Life is fast enough as it is ........
Peter Lim.                     ## .... DON'T PUSH IT !!          >>>-------,
E-mail:  plim@hpsgwg.HP.COM     Snail-mail:  Hewlett Packard Singapore,    :
Tel:     (065)-279-2289                      (ICDS, ICS)                   |
Telnet:        520-2289                      1150 Depot Road,           __\@/__
  ... also at: pnl@hpfipnl.HP.COM            Singapore   0410.           SPLAT !

#include <standard_disclaimer.hpp>