[comp.windows.ms] Windows calendar

laughner@news.nd.edu (Tom laughner) (10/17/90)

1.  A few months ago, someone posted four ftp sites.  I know about
cica.cica.indiana.edu.  What were the other three?

2.  Does anyone know of a windows calendar with functionality similar
to the WordPerfect calendar, i.e. alarm, ability to set weekly appoint-
ments, plenty of space for notes?

Thanks.

I've been having problems getting mail through the nets, so either reply
through a follow-up or mail to the bitnet address below.

Tom Laughner
Consultant/Analyst
University of Notre Dame
TLAUGHNE@IRISHVMA

mikel@pyrps5.pyramid.com (Mike Lipsie) (10/17/90)

In article <513@news.nd.edu> laughner@news.nd.edu (Tom laughner) writes:
>2.  Does anyone know of a windows calendar with functionality similar
>to the WordPerfect calendar, i.e. alarm, ability to set weekly appoint-
>ments, plenty of space for notes?

I recently picked up a shareware calendar program named ALMANAC
that looks pretty good (ie, come payday I'm going to try to
register it.)

The address in the program (and accompanying documentation) is:

	Impact Software
	2321 S. Magnolia Ave. #9D
	Ontario, CA 91761

The program provides a typical calendar page (one month) with
dates labelled from an "overlay".  They provide a national
overlay (4th July, ...) and you can specify (and create)
more (up to 10 total).  These overlays seem to be the method
for your "set appointments".  Hitting a specific day switches
to a "desktop" with a clock/alarm, notepad, and scheduler.

It seems as though the implementor also tried to solve some
problems for some Jewish friends because there is the ability
to turn on the showing of Jewish holidays (you can also turn
on or off the showing of Christian holidays), the time of
sunrise and sunset, and the displaying the calendar as the
Jewish calendar instead of the usual Gregorian.

There are a lot of options but they are not obtrusive as you
work your way around.

Mike Lipsie                               mikel@pyramid.com
Pyramid Technology Corp, Mountain View, CA  +1 415 335 8657
"Toto kansasoseum non est cognito" -- Phil Frank