[comp.windows.ms] wnqvt445 problem again

fong@ksuvax1 (Eric Fong) (10/16/90)

Hi,
	I downloaded wnqvt445 from cica, I thought it is different from
the one from chyde sometime ago. Obviously, some old problem with 445
is still there, one thing I encounter is that there is nothing displayed
in the window, I checked foreground, background colors, they are ok,
I check the vt220.fon, yes, it is there, but the screen is just blank,
The only thing I see is the cursor moving 8( .  Would someone try it
out and see if it works?  I surely will reload the 436 back.  Thanks.

--Eric Fong-- (fong@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu)

gilmore@brahms.udel.edu (Scott Gilmore) (10/16/90)

In article fong@ksuvax1 (Eric Fong) writes:
>Hi,
>	I downloaded wnqvt445 from cica, I thought it is different from
>the one from chyde sometime ago. Obviously, some old problem with 445 ...
>Can someone try it out and see if it works?  I surely will reload the 436
>back.  Thanks.

I downloaded it last night and have had no problems.  I'm running on a PS/2
Model 70-121, PC-DOS 4.01, Screen Peace running in background.
--
Scott Gilmore                                       gilmore@vax1.udel.edu
Mechanical Engineering and Center for Composite Materials, U. of Delaware

tang@olivej.olivetti.com (Mankit Tang) (10/17/90)

I have been using the wnqvt445 I downloaded from cica a month ago without
much problem.  But I heard a lot of people have problem getting it to
work right.  I don't know if the new uploaded version is the same.
Initially I have some problem in setting the modem initialization right
to do MNP level 5 compression.  But now the problem is solved after a kind
soul drop me a hints about it.  Now I can communicate in MNP level 5 with
wnqvt445.  In case it help, my set-up is Compaq Deskpro 386/10, 5MB ram
and EGA.  I havn't tried VGA.

gt3070b@prism.gatech.EDU (Jeff Watkins) (10/17/90)

I just shelled to dos and found that yes the two exe's are identical.  I just
downloaded version 4.45 of cica thinking that it was a newer version that the
old version of 4.45 that I scrapped in favor of old reliable 4.36.

--
Jeff Watkins                       jwatkins@cadsun7.gatech.edu
Convergent Media Systems           (404) 315-0105 voice  (404) 315-0231 data

jng@m.cs.uiuc.edu (10/18/90)

I have download from cica.cica.indiana.edu just a while ago, and exactly
the same problem as Eric Fong show up, I have a blank screen with the
cursor moving. my vt220.fon is in \windows\system, and qvt.ini is in
\windows, and the rest of the file is in \winqvt, I am reloading wnqvt436
back, but I really like the newer version about the colors on the fly.
Hope that somebody out here can help.
--Joseph Ng--
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
jng@cs.uiuc.edu