[comp.windows.ms] ATI VGA Wonder

a752@mindlink.UUCP (Bruce Dunn) (10/17/90)

> c135rmz@utarlg.utarl.edu writes:
> Someone posted last month that ATI has an upgraded version of its Windows3
> drivers (mainly bug fixes). Is it possible to have those drivers uploaded
> to some FTP site to replace the old drivers?

      I posted the message.  I have what ATI states to be the most recent
versions of the drivers, along with a text file covering installation and hints
in using the drivers.  I will be happy to transfer these files somewhere, but
need someone to tell me where to send them and hand-hold me through the process
(I understand that I have to UUENCODE the files to send from my site).  Anyone
willing to write me detailed instructions can contact me by E-mail.
--
Did you hear the joke about the scientist whose wife had twins?
    - He baptized one and kept the other as a control.

Bruce Dunn   Vancouver, Canada    a752@mindlink.UUCP

c135rmz@utarlg.utarl.edu (RAMI ZUREICK) (10/18/90)

Someone posted last month that ATI has an upgraded version of its Windows3
drivers (mainly bug fixes). Is it possible to have those drivers uploaded
to some FTP site to replace the old drivers?

Currently, I am using the 800x600 drivers. The only problem I have is running
DOS from windows. The screen goes wild for some reason. I am using a Sony-1302
monitor known to the VGA-Wonder as a multisync monitor.

                                                 -Rami

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (10/19/90)

In article <3566@mindlink.UUCP> a752@mindlink.UUCP (Bruce Dunn) writes:
>> c135rmz@utarlg.utarl.edu writes:
>> Someone posted last month that ATI has an upgraded version of its Windows3
>> drivers (mainly bug fixes). Is it possible to have those drivers uploaded
>> to some FTP site to replace the old drivers?
>

>      I posted the message.  I have what ATI states to be the most recent
>versions of the drivers, along with a text file covering installation and hints
>in using the drivers.  I will be happy to transfer these files somewhere, but
>need someone to tell me where to send them and hand-hold me through the process
>(I understand that I have to UUENCODE the files to send from my site).  Anyone
>willing to write me detailed instructions can contact me by E-mail.

One place they should be is uploaded to cica.cica.indiana.edu:pub/pc/win3/video.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254

pnl@hpfinote.HP.COM (Peter Lim) (10/20/90)

> Someone posted last month that ATI has an upgraded version of its Windows3
> drivers (mainly bug fixes). Is it possible to have those drivers uploaded
> to some FTP site to replace the old drivers?
>
> Currently, I am using the 800x600 drivers. The only problem I have is running
> DOS from windows. The screen goes wild for some reason. I am using a Sony-1302
> monitor known to the VGA-Wonder as a multisync monitor.

I had this problem before. Looks like you are running Windows in enhanced
mode. With the 800 x 600 ATI driver, you need to use their virtual display
driver too. That is done by changing the line "display=*vddvga" to
"display=vddvga.386" in system.ini. Make sure you copy the file vddvga.386
from the ATI driver disk to windows root directory.

Then everything should work fine.

Regards,                       ## Life is fast enough as it is ........
Peter Lim.                     ## .... DON'T PUSH IT !!          >>>-------,
E-mail:  plim@hpsgwg.HP.COM     Snail-mail:  Hewlett Packard Singapore,    :
Tel:     (065)-279-2289                      (ICDS, ICS)                   |
Telnet:        520-2289                      1150 Depot Road,           __\@/__
  ... also at: pnl@hpfipnl.HP.COM            Singapore   0410.           SPLAT !

#include <standard_disclaimer.hpp>