[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 and DTK BIOS

curt@unix.cie.rpi.edu (Curt Signorino) (10/22/90)

The DTK 386/33 I just purchased comes with its own DTK BIOS.
Apparently, Windows 3.0 and the DTK BIOS conflict when Windows is run
in 386-enh or standard modes.  There is no problem when running
Windows in real mode.  I believe the problem (from the Windows side of
it) lies in HIMEM.SYS.

Does anyone know of a fix to this, or do I need to just cough up the
money for Phoenix or AMI BIOS?  If I do need to  purchase a new BIOS,
does anyone have mailorder addresses for either of the two  and
approximate prices?
Thanks,

Curt.

--
Curtis S. Signorino                   ,,,,,,     curt@unix.cie.rpi.edu
Center for Integrated Electronics      _  _      !itsgw!cie!unix!curt

lopes@cogsci.ucsd.EDU (alann lopes) (10/22/90)

In article <023%1&^@rpi.edu> curt@unix.cie.rpi.edu (Curt Signorino) writes:

>The DTK 386/33 I just purchased comes with its own DTK BIOS.
>Apparently, Windows 3.0 and the DTK BIOS conflict when Windows is run
>in 386-enh or standard modes.  There is no problem when running
>Windows in real mode.  I believe the problem (from the Windows side of
>it) lies in HIMEM.SYS.

 What kind of PROBLEMS?

 I own a DTK 386/33 running DTK BIOS and have no problems
 running Windows in enhanced mode.

          alann

   alann lopes:        alopes@ucsd.edu       -- internet
   Programmer/Analyst  lopes@cogsci.ucsd.edu -- internet