[comp.windows.ms] wincomm help

dchung@alpha.ces.cwru.edu (Dukki Chung) (10/23/90)

I downloaded wincomm4.zip from cica.cica.indiana.edu and tried to install it.
But after installing, WinComm complained that my copy is expired already!
Am I missing something?

jvilhube@diana.cair.du.edu (Ferreira Tinto) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct22.223349.9846@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> dchung@alpha.ces.cwru.edu (Dukki Chung) writes:
>I downloaded wincomm4.zip from cica.cica.indiana.edu and tried to install it.
>But after installing, WinComm complained that my copy is expired already!
>Am I missing something?

Yea..a copy of telix or any other comm-prog that works WITHOUT expiring.
The wincomm people limited their version of wincomm, so that it only works
a certain amount of time (or up to a date). That is the thanks we get
for testing it here on the net. Sheesh..

 Jan Vilhuber            | Internet: jvilhube@du.edu or jvilhube@[130.253.1.4]
 (The jammin' Bass)      | Bitnet  : jvilhube@DUCAIR
"Drunken Milkman...driving drunk...Family of four,
family no more...milk and blood...blood and milk."  Scatterbrain