[comp.windows.ms] Permanent Swapfile Woes

YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET (Roger Rouse) (10/20/90)

I have a problem I just can't seem to solve.  My hard drive is partitioned
into 2 sections, a 2Mb C: and a 40 Mb D:.  Dos is on the C: drive and
everything else is on D:, including windows.  When I try to make a
permanent swapfile, the program comes up and says that there is not enough
room on drive C: to make a swapfile.  I want the file on drive D:, but
the swapfile application doesn't give me a chance to tell it so.

Roger Rouse
MTU Youth Programs

my@dtg.nsc.com (Michael Yip) (10/21/90)

When you run SwapFile.exe in the real mode, you can
click the Next Drive button to switch from the C Drive
to the D Drive.  If somehow you don't have the button,
I can uuencode my swapfileto you.

-- Michael Yip  (my@dtg.nsc.com)
   Advanced Communication Group
   National Semiconductor Corp.

/* This is only my own opinion and I don't speak for my company. */

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (10/23/90)

In article <1464@berlioz.nsc.com> my@berlioz.UUCP (Michael Yip) writes:
>When you run SwapFile.exe in the real mode, you can
>click the Next Drive button to switch from the C Drive
>to the D Drive.  If somehow you don't have the button,
>I can uuencode my swapfileto you.

As you click through the "next drive" selections (or immediately if you first
drive, usually C,) doesn't have enough contiguous space, you will get a
separate dialog box indicating that fact. Merely click on OK, and you will get
the usual window where you can select through the drives.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254

ckinsman@eecs.wsu.edu (Chris Kinsman - EE major) (10/24/90)

In article <90292.124121YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET> YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET (Roger Rouse) writes:
>I have a problem I just can't seem to solve.  My hard drive is partitioned
>into 2 sections, a 2Mb C: and a 40 Mb D:.  Dos is on the C: drive and
>everything else is on D:, including windows.  When I try to make a
>permanent swapfile, the program comes up and says that there is not enough
>room on drive C: to make a swapfile.  I want the file on drive D:, but
>the swapfile application doesn't give me a chance to tell it so.

Set the swapdrive paramters in your system.ini before running swapfile.

Chris