[comp.windows.ms] Checkbook program for Windows

MSR113@psuvm.psu.edu (Matt Richmond) (10/20/90)

I've really gotten hooked on Windows 3.0, and I'd like to start keeping
track of what little I have in my checking account with it.  I've found
CHCKBOOK.EXE on cica, but this doesn't seem to work with 3.0.  Is there
a version of this program which does work in 3.0?  Or perhaps another
program I could use?  Preferably shareware or even better freeware.  :)
I realize that I could solve this problem by starting in Real mode, but
I'd rather try to find a program that does work in Standard mode before
resorting to that method..  Thanks for any and all help..
*     Matthew S. Richmond                                              *
*    __  ______  ,     __    __               MSR113@PSUVM.PSU.EDU     *
*   (      /    /|    /__)  /__)            richmond@endor.cs.psu.edu  *
*    \    /    /_|   /\    /\               MSR113%PSUVM@PSUVAX1.UUCP  *
*  .__)  /    /  |  /  \  /  \                                         *

ckinsman@eecs.wsu.edu (Chris Kinsman - EE major) (10/24/90)

In article <90292.231800MSR113@psuvm.psu.edu> MSR113@psuvm.psu.edu (Matt Richmond) writes:
>I've really gotten hooked on Windows 3.0, and I'd like to start keeping
>track of what little I have in my checking account with it.  I've found
>CHCKBOOK.EXE on cica, but this doesn't seem to work with 3.0.  Is there
>a version of this program which does work in 3.0?  Or perhaps another
>program I could use?  Preferably shareware or even better freeware.  :)
>I realize that I could solve this problem by starting in Real mode, but
>I'd rather try to find a program that does work in Standard mode before
>resorting to that method..  Thanks for any and all help..
Morrie Wilson of CommandPost fame has written a Win3 checkbook program
that looks very slick.  You may want to look around for it or contact
Wilson Windoware.

Chris

hubin@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Donald C. Hubin) (10/24/90)

In article <90292.231800MSR113@psuvm.psu.edu> MSR113@psuvm.psu.edu (Matt Richmond) writes:
>I've really gotten hooked on Windows 3.0, and I'd like to start keeping
>track of what little I have in my checking account with it.  I've found
>CHCKBOOK.EXE on cica, but this doesn't seem to work with 3.0.  Is there
>a version of this program which does work in 3.0?  Or perhaps another
>program I could use?  Preferably shareware or even better freeware.  :)
>I realize that I could solve this problem by starting in Real mode, but
>I'd rather try to find a program that does work in Standard mode before
>resorting to that method..  Thanks for any and all help..

There is a program, available on CompuServe, called 'WC110.ZIP' that
is a *very* nice Win 3.0 compatible checking program.  It will
probably also be available on most local BBSs soon if it is not
already.

--
Donald C. Hubin  |  Depart. of Philosophy, The Ohio State University
hubin+@osu.edu   |  or hubin@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu or hubin@ohstmvsa