[comp.windows.ms] PaperBoy Question

shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Annie) (10/24/90)

Is there a way to enable PaperBoy so that you don't have to click on it
each time, in order to get it to bring up a new .bmp upon each rebooting
of windows?

As it is now, if I click in it during session #1, I will see a new .bmp
upon booting session #2.  But if I don't click on Paperboy during session
#2, I will just keep getting the #2 .bmp for each subsequent booting,
so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

--
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
   Anne (She Devil) Mitchell - Stanford Law - BBS: 415-497-5291,1200,N,8,1

oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (Richard Oppenheimer) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct24.054537.7890@portia.Stanford.EDU> shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Annie) writes:
>Is there a way to enable PaperBoy so that you don't have to click on it
>each time, in order to get it to bring up a new .bmp upon each rebooting
>of windows?
>
>As it is now, if I click in it during session #1, I will see a new .bmp
>upon booting session #2.  But if I don't click on Paperboy during session
>#2, I will just keep getting the #2 .bmp for each subsequent booting,
>so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

Add Paperboy to the "load=" line in your win.ini. This way it will be loaded
each time you start up windows and the .bmp change will take place. After
booting up windows if you need to discard Paperboy just close it otherwise
it can remain running.
--
Computer Science Center		Richard Oppenheimer
University of Maryland		oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (office)