[comp.windows.ms] How to send a break with Wincomm?

bussiere@DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres) (10/23/90)

    I have tried wincomm, and with some little problems, i have configured
correctly the modem interface so that i'm able to use my hayes compatible
modem. Now my only problem is to send a break within wincomm. Is there a way
to send it?
--
Luc Bussieres ---- Analyste - Dep. de Mathematiques et Informatique
Universite de Sherbrooke

butch@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (H. G. Walker) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct23.134320.8926@DMI.USherb.CA>, bussiere@DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres) writes:

|>     I have tried wincomm, and with some little problems, i have configured
|> correctly the modem interface so that i'm able to use my hayes compatible
|> modem. Now my only problem is to send a break within wincomm. Is there a way
|> to send it?

Yes, in the newest version (wincomm4 on Oct 19?) there is the ability to send a
break with the CTRL-SHIFT-BREAK key.

Butch

palm@admin.kth.se (Christer Palm) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct23.134320.8926@DMI.USherb.CA> bussiere@DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres) writes:

>    I have tried wincomm, and with some little problems, i have configured
>correctly the modem interface so that i'm able to use my hayes compatible
>modem. Now my only problem is to send a break within wincomm. Is there a way
>to send it?

Try Ctrl Shift Break

bussiere@DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct23.142841.3011@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> butch@geo785.gcn.uoknor.edu writes:
>Yes, in the newest version (wincomm4 on Oct 19?) there is the ability to send a
>break with the CTRL-SHIFT-BREAK key.
>
>Butch

I've tried it and it is not working. I'm trying to connect to sun-server
which is waiting for a break to switch is speed and the server always stay
at the same speed.

It seems also that there is a bug in the zmodem file transfer, the file I
have transfer with wincomm countains some garbege at the end of the file.