[comp.windows.ms] PaperBoy Question - a better NewPaper

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (10/25/90)

In article <7463@umd5.umd.edu>, oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (Richard Oppenheimer) writes:
> In article <1990Oct24.054537.7890@portia.Stanford.EDU> shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Annie) writes:
>>Is there a way to enable PaperBoy so that you don't have to click on it
>>each time, in order to get it to bring up a new .bmp upon each rebooting
>>of windows?
>>
>>As it is now, if I click in it during session #1, I will see a new .bmp
>>upon booting session #2.  But if I don't click on Paperboy during session
>>#2, I will just keep getting the #2 .bmp for each subsequent booting,
>>so on and so forth, ad nauseum.
>
> Add Paperboy to the "load=" line in your win.ini. This way it will be loaded
> each time you start up windows and the .bmp change will take place. After
> booting up windows if you need to discard Paperboy just close it otherwise
> it can remain running.
> --
The problem with PaperBoy and NewPaper, is that they can't distinguish between
BMPs that should be tiled, and those that should be centered. I've modified
NewPaper so that it asks what should be done with each BMP as that BMP is used the
first time, and stores this information in WIN.INI. Having been through all BMPs
once, you'll never hear from it again, unless you add a new BMP. If there's some
interest, I'll upload it to Cica.
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |