[comp.windows.ms] Okidata 182 under Windows 3.0

ron@augeas.cs.athabascau.ca (Ron Haukenfrers) (10/23/90)

Has anyone successfully gotten an Okidata 182 to run with Windows?  The
closest driver I have is for an Oki 192 but that doesn't quite cut it.

If there is a driver available for this printer, I would appreciate
someone letting me know where it is.  Please respond by mail and
I'll post a summary in a couple of days.

Thanks.
--
Ron Haukenfrers     	ron@cs.athabascau.ca	(403)675-6332
Educational Computing

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) (10/24/90)

>Has anyone successfully gotten an Okidata 182 to run with Windows?  The
>closest driver I have is for an Oki 192 but that doesn't quite cut it.

Does your Oki 182 have an "IBM Compatible" sticker
on its back? Usually right above the parallel port?
If it does, use the IBM Proprinter driver because thats
what it really is. (the same goes for many 192s and 193s).
I had to resort to using the Okimate 20 (IBM) driver
for our 182 and Wordperfect 5.0.

Iskandar Taib                        | The only thing worse than Peach ala
Internet: NTAIB@AQUA.UCS.INDIANA.EDU |    Frog is Frog ala Peach
Bitnet:   NTAIB@IUBACS               !

ron@augeas.cs.athabascau.ca (Ron Haukenfrers) (10/26/90)

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) writes:

>>Has anyone successfully gotten an Okidata 182 to run with Windows?  The
>>closest driver I have is for an Oki 192 but that doesn't quite cut it.

>Does your Oki 182 have an "IBM Compatible" sticker
>on its back? Usually right above the parallel port?
>If it does, use the IBM Proprinter driver because thats
>what it really is. (the same goes for many 192s and 193s).
>I had to resort to using the Okimate 20 (IBM) driver
>for our 182 and Wordperfect 5.0.

>Iskandar Taib                        | The only thing worse than Peach ala
>Internet: NTAIB@AQUA.UCS.INDIANA.EDU |    Frog is Frog ala Peach
>Bitnet:   NTAIB@IUBACS               !

No sticker and I have tried it as an IBM Compatable, no go.  Guess I'm stuck.
Thanks anyway.

Anyone want to buy a used printer :-)