[net.auto] Daytona Turbo for <$10 ??

druid@ncsu.UUCP (druid) (11/12/84)

<<>>
> I just bought a 1984 Dodge Turbo Daytona, and I'm happy as a clam.
> The other day I blew the doors off of a Ford Mustang GT (HO V8),
> both on a curvy course, and the straight away.  Not bad for a <$10K car.
> 	From: donz@tekcbi.UUCP (Don Zocchi)

	You would have me believe that you bought a daytona turbo for
less than $10K??  Forgive me, but I understood that they list at about
$14K and *might* sell as low as $12K, but that is a big difference.
If my information is wrong, please let me know as I may be in the
market for a new car (of the *sport* variety) in a few months, so I am
following these articles with interest.
	Incidentally, I have test driven a Plymouth Conquest Turbo and it
handled beautifully.  The gear shift was very boxy (2nd to 3rd was definately
up-over-up; not very smooth or fast), but the steering had the highest
steer-to-turn ratio of any car that I have ever driven (very nice for
quick handling).  But it was also sticker priced at just over $14K.

   dave		/\		    -- druid / daveh --
hesselberth	\/	-- decvax!mcnc!ncsu!druid / ncsu!ievax!daveh --

dmc217@uiucuxa.UUCP (12/03/84)

	Have you considered the Plymouth Colt Turbo?  I was also in the
market for a '*sports*' car, and I definitely had not considered it, until
one day when I was at a Plymouth dealer and decided, 'What the hell, it
can't hurt to try.'  Half an hour later, I knew the car I wanted was the
Colt Turbo.  I am talking about the 1984, not the 1985, so your situation
might be slightly different, but they say the 1985 Colt is even quicker.
If you're interested in something that can go >120mph, don't even come
close, but if you're just interested in something that's great fun to drive,
just take it for one test drive.  Also, since it looks like price is of some
concern, I got my Colt Turbo for about $8500, including A/C.

				Dennis Carney