[comp.windows.ms] Wincomm Open Letter

butch@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (H. G. Walker) (10/25/90)

An open letter to INTERNET WinComm users:

There has been more response than we ever expected from the
upload to the internet nodes.  We appreciate your feedback, even
that which was not so complementary.

WinComm has been two years in development and has undergone
extensive testing during that time.  Our formal beta test (which
included a non-disclosure agreement and mandatory reporting)
attempted to distribute the program to as wide a user base as
possible.  It is difficult though, to get a beta copy thoroughly
tested on every platform as users primary interest is not
necessarily testing your program.

It was not our intention for the "trial" copy to be a beta test.
It did, though, expose us to a much larger base which uncovered
several problems.  These problems have been corrected as soon as
they were identified and a solution developed.  This upgrade
policy applies not only to the free trial copy but also to the
retail package.

Once again we appreciate your interest in WinComm.  Those of you
who have contributed to the improvement of the program to better
meet your needs, give us a call.  We need input from people who
have an interest in commercial software that meets a wide
variety users requirements.

Alan Ray

Synappsys

jjacob@isis.cs.du.edu (jude jacob) (10/28/90)

In article <1990Oct24.195844.29783@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> butch@geo785.gcn.uoknor.edu writes:

>An open letter to INTERNET WinComm users:
>
>There has been more response than we ever expected from the
>upload to the internet nodes.  We appreciate your feedback, even
>that which was not so complementary.
>

>Alan Ray
>
>Synappsys

    I downloaded the program and ran it for a day. However, when I learned
of a time bomb etc.. I took it off my hard disk. As far as I am concerned,
if the program is good enough, I'll support it. But if I feel my arm
is being twisted, .... No way Jose !! You can take your program and
stick it. All I have to do is wait for a program that treat me (as a user)
with some kind of respect. There will be many I am sure. And Synappsys  has
bitten off more vowels than it can possibly get away with!!

Jude