[comp.windows.ms] COMP.WINDOWS.MS.PROGRAMMER

oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (Richard Oppenheimer) (07/03/90)

In article <1990Jun22.224246.1919@vaxa.uwa.oz> c_leong@vaxa.uwa.oz writes:
>Fellow netters,
>
> What would you guys ( guys is being used in a non-sexist context ) think
> of a new newsgroup: comp.windows.ms.programmer?
>
>                                                              Clem

Yes, most definitely. We are losing alot of the heavy weight windows
programmers because of the abundance of product flames and "How do I
setup Windows?" questions. Several people I know have stopped their
subscription and can now only be found on comp.os.os2.

gt3070b@prism.gatech.EDU (Jeff Watkins) (11/01/90)

I would like to remind all you folks out there that
comp.windows.ms.programmer is not a news group to
cross post to if you think that your question is
of particular importance.  The reason it was
created was to provide a group free from questions
of setting up lans, new video boards, or other
peripherials, where programmers could talk to
other programmers and produce better code for
the rest of you to use (i think this was the
point, that is what I got out of the discussion).

thank you
Jeff Watkins

--
Jeff Watkins                       jwatkins@cadsun7.gatech.edu
Convergent Media Systems           (404) 315-0105 voice  (404) 315-0231 data