[comp.windows.ms] Windows public domain software?

surshkmr@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (V.S. Suresh Kumar) (10/15/90)

 Pardon me if I appear ignorant, but...

 Can someone tell me where and how I can get public domain software,
shareware, freeware and other goodies written for windows 3.0 ?

 Thanks !!

 Suresh
 <surshkmr@Phoenix.Princeton.EDU>

tomr@ashtate (Tom Rombouts) (11/01/90)

In article <3352@idunno.Princeton.EDU> surshkmr@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (V.S. Suresh Kumar) writes:

> Pardon me if I appear ignorant, but...

The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked!

> Can someone tell me where and how I can get public domain software,
>shareware, freeware and other goodies written for windows 3.0 ?

Flame me if this has already been posted, but the EMS company in
Maryland now offers a MS-Windows collection.  I believe the price
is $50.  The address I have is:  EMS, 11701 Karen Drive, Potomac,
MD, 20854.  (301) 299-9239.

(For those unfamiliar with EMS, they sell large collections of
downloaded shareware/freeware grouped by categories.  Their massive
dBASE one for $100 (c. 50 disks!) is definitive, and their C one, though
much smaller, was well worth the $50 I paid for the 12 disks.)

Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com  V:(213) 538-7108

r3hjl@VAX1.CC.UAKRON.EDU (Howard J. Lymor) (11/02/90)

In article <1554@ashton.UUCP> tomr@ashton.UUCP (Tom Rombouts) writes:
>In article <3352@idunno.Princeton.EDU> surshkmr@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (V.S. Suresh Kumar) writes:
>>
>> Can someone tell me where and how I can get public domain software,
>>shareware, freeware and other goodies written for windows 3.0 ?
>
>Flame me if this has already been posted, but the EMS company in
>Maryland now offers a MS-Windows collection.  I believe the price
>is $50.  The address I have is:  EMS, 11701 Karen Drive, Potomac,
>MD, 20854.  (301) 299-9239.

Flame me if this appeared in the original posting, but you can
also check out cica.cica.indiana.edu for some excellent shareware/pd
offerings.  Use anonymous FTP to get there.

Hope this helps (may be somewhat cheaper to your person, I know, I
know, it's not cheaper to the net!!!).

Howard

| Howard J. Lymor      |  r3hjl@vax1.cc.uakron.edu                |
| My opinions are my   |  Or you can try me through good ole AT&T |
| own, and even I      |                                          |
| disown them!         | (216) 434 - 9157 (after 10PM EST)        |