[comp.windows.ms] Win 3.0 Screen Blanker Wanted

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle) (10/26/90)

In article <OTTO.90Oct25155303@tukki.jyu.fi> otto@tukki.jyu.fi (Otto J. Makela) writes:
>In article <1990Oct24.183256.17753@uncecs.edu> kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele)
>writes:
>   I am looking for a screen blanker that will work with Windows 3.0.
>
>Try Screen Peace, available from cica.cica.indiana.edu (where they have also
>lotsa other Windows3 stuff)...

Be careful with Screen Peace.  The version I was trying out would hand up the
system really bad (as in HAD to do a cold-boot) if running Screen Peace and
File Manager at the same time.  It would hang if you tried to click onto a
floppy drive that didn't have a disk in it.  You'd get the abort/retry window,
and that's all for that session.

It was a neat little package... could write your own animation sequences with
a separate package, and it would randomly choose between the sequences you had
installed.  Shame about the bug though..

Mike

todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day) (10/26/90)

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle) writes:

%Be careful with Screen Peace.  The version I was trying out would hand up the
%system really bad (as in HAD to do a cold-boot) if running Screen Peace and
%File Manager at the same time.  It would hang if you tried to click onto a
%floppy drive that didn't have a disk in it.  You'd get the abort/retry window,
%and that's all for that session.

Fixed in ver 1.2

--
Todd Day |   todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us   |  ucsbcsl!ivucsb!todd

millihelen - the amount of beauty required to launch one ship

lev@suned0.nswses.navy.mil (Lloyd E Vancil) (11/03/90)

>>In article <1990Oct24.183256.17753@uncecs.edu> kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele)
>>writes:
>>   I am looking for a screen blanker that will work with Windows 3.0.

I use HDC first apps.  Desktop has a screen blanker in there that can use
a password to disallow others from getting into your work while you are away
it has bit maps, rocks, and vectors for screen prettys while active.
L.

--
      *      suned1!lev@elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov sun!suntzu!suned1!lev
          .                lev@suned1.nswses.navy.mil        +      .