[comp.windows.ms] WfW: Different top margin on page 1 only

medici@dorm.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) (11/04/90)

I've had WfW for several months, and I'm getting to like using it.
However, one of the things I have not been able to figure out is how
to set a different top margin on page 1 than for the rest of the
document.

I usually set a 1" margin on all page borders.  However, I would like
to set the top margin to 0.5" on the first page, so my letterhead
doesn't print too low.  I can't find anyway to do this in WfW.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Mark Medici/SysProg3 * Rutgers University/CCIS * medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu

rspangle@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Froot Loop) (11/05/90)

In article <Nov.3.23.38.30.1990.18791@dorm.rutgers.edu> medici@dorm.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) writes:
>I usually set a 1" margin on all page borders.  However, I would like
>to set the top margin to 0.5" on the first page, so my letterhead
>doesn't print too low.  I can't find anyway to do this in WfW.

It sounds like all you really want to do is position your letterhead
0.5" from the top of the page.  So you don't really need to change that
margin - all you have to do is position the letterhead.

That's the following:

1.	Select your letterhead.
2.	Format Position (brings up a dialog box)
3.	in the Vertical section, type in 0.5", and select Relative to Page

Which should do it.