[comp.windows.ms] image size of .bmp files

v027ef3u@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas L Daniels) (11/06/90)

I was making some wallpaper the other day and I wanted to make a very small
thing that would be tiled across the screen like the boxes.bmp image.  The
problem is that I can't seem to make the image the same absolute size as
the boxes image.  When saving the boxes image for instance you can get info
on the image and discover that it is much smaller than a standard image made
with Paint.  How do you change this image size???

Tom Daniels
v027ef3u@UBVMS.BITNET
(716)884-5820

"Better not to begin.   Once begun, better to finish." -Chinese proverb
"The owls are not as they seem." -Son of the Friendly Giant

spolsky-joel@cs.yale.edu (Joel Spolsky) (11/06/90)

In article <44450@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v027ef3u@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>I was making some wallpaper the other day and I wanted to make a very small
>thing that would be tiled across the screen like the boxes.bmp image.  The
>problem is that I can't seem to make the image the same absolute size as
>the boxes image.  When saving the boxes image for instance you can get info
>on the image and discover that it is much smaller than a standard image made
>with Paint.  How do you change this image size???

If you had spent even 10 seconds with the Windows manual you would
have known how to do this, without wasting everybody's time and
net bandwidth.

Joel Spolsky
spolsky@cs.yale.edu                                     Silence = Death