[comp.windows.ms] ATI 256 color drivers

ccastms@prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Todd Smith) (10/06/90)

Any word on the 256 color drivers for the ATI VGA Wonder Card?

It is no "Wonder" at only 16 colors!

--
Mike Smith		Internet: ccastms@prism.gatech.edu

			Georgia Tech User Assitance
			Office of Information Technology

pritchet@susie.cs.scarolina.edu (Ronald W. Pritchett) (10/30/90)

Well, I got my 256 color drivers for my ATI and they are SLOOOOOOOOOW! My question is: is there anyone who has had problems saving 256 color .BMP files in the
paint program that comes with windows? When I try, they become garbled black &
white pics.

Ron Pritchett

pritchet%calvin.cs.scarolina.edu@usceast

bgeer@esunix.UUCP (Bob Geer) (11/04/90)

I'm glad the 800x600x256 & larger ATI drivers are out, but I'm still
in love with my Zenith Flatscreen which is limited to 640x480 & I TOO
WOULD LIKE A 256 COLOR DRIVER.

Could someone clue me in on what's goin' on?

--
<> Bob Geer        <> at decwrl!esunix!bgeer or utah-cs!esunix!bgeer  <>
<>    Bear-person  <> speaking only for myself, one of my many tricks <>

guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) (11/06/90)

In <2177@esunix.UUCP> bgeer@esunix.UUCP (Bob Geer) writes:

>I'm glad the 800x600x256 & larger ATI drivers are out, but I'm still
>in love with my Zenith Flatscreen which is limited to 640x480 & I TOO
>WOULD LIKE A 256 COLOR DRIVER.

>Could someone clue me in on what's goin' on?

The new ATI drivers include a 640x480x256 driver, so you're not left
out in the cold :)

>--
><> Bob Geer        <> at decwrl!esunix!bgeer or utah-cs!esunix!bgeer  <>
><>    Bear-person  <> speaking only for myself, one of my many tricks <>
><> Salt Lake City, <> "We must strive to be more than we are, Lal."   <>
><>          Ootah  <>           -- Cmdr. Data, learning schmaltz      <>

--
Guy Lemieux          ENG SCI                          University of Toronto
guy@contact.uucp      9 T 2      Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering