[comp.windows.ms] Running the ATI 256-Color Drivers

jeff@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Jeff Gosztyla) (11/06/90)

	A word of warning to the about running the new 256 color ATI
drivers on V3 cards: there is a bug that causes the screen to "split"
at more or less random times (usually when you exit a windows app.)  I
called ATI and they already know about the bug, they also said fixed
versions of the drivers would be posted on the BBS in the next few
days.  The bug doesn't seem to affect V5 cards (I'm not sure about
V4's)
	As a side note, the 800x600 256 color driver that was posted on
Compuserve, the Gateway 2000 BBS and cica was not written by ATI.  It
also seems significantly slower than ATI's 256 800x600 color driver.

                                           - Jeff

Jeff Gosztyla
North Carolina State University

ajai@sce.carleton.ca (Ajai Sehgal) (11/07/90)

jeff@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Jeff Gosztyla) writes:

>	As a side note, the 800x600 256 color driver that was posted on
>Compuserve, the Gateway 2000 BBS and cica was not written by ATI.  It
>also seems significantly slower than ATI's 256 800x600 color driver.

>                                           - Jeff

Where can one get the ATI 256 800x600 ? Can you post it to CICA ?

Ajai