[comp.windows.ms] ATI 256 Colors Window drivers

pang@db.toronto.edu (Raymond S Pang) (11/05/90)

I uploaded the official release of ATI Window 3 256 color drivers to
cica.cica.indiana.edu:/pub/pc/win3/uploads.

It contains drivers for 640x480 and 800x600 modes (in 16 colors and 256 colors).
Have fun.

ajai@sce.carleton.ca (Ajai Sehgal) (11/07/90)

pang@db.toronto.edu (Raymond S Pang) writes:

>I uploaded the official release of ATI Window 3 256 color drivers to
>cica.cica.indiana.edu:/pub/pc/win3/uploads.

>It contains drivers for 640x480 and 800x600 modes (in 16 colors and 256 colors).

What are the file dates and sizes for the official release ? I checked at cica
in win3/video and found the same file I downloaded last week with the same SLOW
driver (ATIWIN.ZIP).

Incedently by not loading my logitech mouse driver at boot up and using only the windows driver I got a significant video performance increase (18900 CPS vs
15377 CPS as tested with QA Plus).

Ajai

KRW1@Lehigh (11/07/90)

If you plan on using the ATI 640x480x256 driver, make sure you have a
fast machine and VGA board because it's S-L-O-W....