[comp.windows.ms] Kermit for Windows

SIV88002@NOBIVM.BITNET (Magnus Koeber) (11/06/90)

I am wondering if there exist a Kermit-program for Windows 3.0 and
where that program can be obtained.  The reason for this is to be able
to download in the background, which my DOS-version will not do
(Under Windows that is)

spolsky-joel@cs.yale.edu (Joel Spolsky) (11/07/90)

In article <90310.142331SIV88002@NOBIVM.BITNET> SIV88002@NOBIVM.BITNET (Magnus Koeber) writes:
>I am wondering if there exist a Kermit-program for Windows 3.0 and
>where that program can be obtained.  The reason for this is to be able
>to download in the background, which my DOS-version will not do
>(Under Windows that is)

The terminal program that comes with windows supports Kermit download
in the background.

What's wrong with your DOS version?

Joel Spolsky
spolsky@cs.yale.edu                                     Silence = Death

SIV88002@NOBIVM.BITNET (Magnus Koeber) (11/13/90)

Nothing is wrong with my DOS-version.
It just couldn't handle multitasking.  But now I am trying
out WINQVT and it seems to work fine...

Magnus....