[comp.windows.ms] Termcap entry for Terminal?

chris@utgard.uucp (Chris Anderson) (11/07/90)

Does anybody have a termcap entry for the vt100 emulation
that terminal provides?  I'm particularly interested in ones
that use the 25th line as a status line.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
--
| Chris Anderson                                                       |
| QMA, Inc.                     email : {csusac,sactoh0}!utgard!chris  |

bcw@rti.rti.org (Bruce Wright) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov6.140534.25535@utgard.uucp>, chris@utgard.uucp (Chris Anderson) writes:
> Does anybody have a termcap entry for the vt100 emulation
> that terminal provides?  I'm particularly interested in ones
> that use the 25th line as a status line.

I'm not sure such a thing is possible - TERMINAL doesn't recognize
any of the escape codes that control a VT300/VT400 status line.

Are you sure that termcap has a provision for emulating status
lines on terminals that don't have one?  It's been a while since
I've looked at the termcap specs, but I don't recall such a capability
from when I looked at them several years ago ... though it could
certainly have been added since then.

						Bruce C. Wright