[comp.windows.ms] Video Poker for Win3.0

swonk@toshais.UUCP (Glen Swonk) (11/07/90)

I have completed a version of video poker for win3.0.
Is this the proper place to post binaries? If not,
where should they be posted?

glenn
--
Glen L. Swonk
Toshiba American Information Systems

altman@sbstaff2.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (11/08/90)

The preferred method would be for you to anonymous ftp
the program into the uploads section at
cica.cica.indiana.edu.

Please zip the file and then transfer it as a binary.

And then post mail here saying that it is available.

This newsgroup is not meant for the posting of binaries.

If you do not have anonymous ftp access, then you can
uuencode the zip file and send it to me and I will
post it for you.

I appologize for this waste of bandwidth but I was unable
to reply direct.

- Jeff (jaltman@ccmail.sunysb.edu)

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (11/08/90)

In article <256@toshais.UUCP> swonk@toshais.UUCP (Glen Swonk) writes:
>I have completed a version of video poker for win3.0.
>Is this the proper place to post binaries? If not,
>where should they be posted?

Try comp.binaries.ibm.pc.  There is no comp.binaries.ms.windows, so you'll
have to post it to the IBM list

------------------------------------------------------------ The Time Traveler
Your daddy works in porno
Now that mommy's not around                                 timur@seas.gwu.edu
She used to love her heroin                               HE891C@GWUVM.GWU.EDU
But now she's underground              - Guns N' Roses

dab@mozart.amd.com (Greg Dabney) (11/08/90)

In article <1990Nov7.170405.7520@sbcs.sunysb.edu> altman@sbstaff2.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) writes:
>The preferred method would be for you to anonymous ftp
>the program into the uploads section at
>cica.cica.indiana.edu.
> stuff deleted

Another `preferred' method would be for you to
submit it to comp.binaries.ibm.pc, so those of us
without access to internet ftp will be able to
enjoy it also.

Mail the uuencoded archive to ibmbin@crdgw1.crd.ge.com
or submit it to c.b.i.p and your news system will
handle the rest.

dab@amd.com

MUHRTH@tubvm.cs.tu-berlin.de (Thomas Muhr) (11/08/90)

In article <256@toshais.UUCP>, swonk@toshais.UUCP (Glen Swonk) says:

>I have completed a version of video poker for win3.0.
>Is this the proper place to post binaries? If not,
>where should they be posted?
I would say yes, because many do not have access to either SIMTEL
or public domain servers via FTP.
If you prefer to post it for FTP access, you could upload it
to cica.cica.indiana.edu under pub/pc/win3/uploads
- Thomas

mr@ogre (Michael Regoli) (11/09/90)

In <256@toshais.UUCP> swonk@toshais.UUCP (Glen Swonk) writes:

>I have completed a version of video poker for win3.0.
>Is this the proper place to post binaries? If not,
>where should they be posted?

comp.binaries.ibm.pc would be a start.  It is a moderated group, whose
moderator can be reached via "davidson@sixhub.UUCP."

The Windows ftp archives here at cica just received a Windows Poker
game (WINP).  Is this the game you're referring to?

--
michael regoli
mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (11/15/90)

In article <2317@sparko.gwu.edu> timur@seas.gwu.edu () writes:
>In article <256@toshais.UUCP> swonk@toshais.UUCP (Glen Swonk) writes:
>>I have completed a version of video poker for win3.0.
>>Is this the proper place to post binaries? If not,
>>where should they be posted?
>>
>Try comp.binaries.ibm.pc.  There is no comp.binaries.ms.windows, so you'll
>have to post it to the IBM list

It would be nice to ftp it up to cica.cica.indiana.edu and send a notice here.

The problem with c.b.i.p is that the latency is about 4 to 6 weeks from
submission to having it actually posted.

If you don't have ftp access, e-mail it to me and I can do it.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254