[comp.windows.ms] Mac look-a-like?

hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu (Hans van Oostrom) (11/16/90)

Hi,

I heard somewhere that there is a mac look-a-like program available
running under window3.  It is supposed to have folders etc.  Does
anybody know where I can get that (ftp site), or can it be uploaded to
cica.cica.indiana.edu if somebody has it.

Thanks.

Hans van Oostrom
PO Box J-254, JHMHC                 hans@ufpine                (BITNET)
Gainesville, FL  32601, USA         hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu    (INTERNET)

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (11/16/90)

In article <25446@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu (Hans van Oostrom) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I heard somewhere that there is a mac look-a-like program available
> running under window3.  It is supposed to have folders etc.  Does
> anybody know where I can get that (ftp site), or can it be uploaded to
> cica.cica.indiana.edu if somebody has it.

I saw one, called "Pubtech".  I liked the demo very much, but for $169, I'll
stick with Program Manager for the time being.  I liked it more than Aporia
mostly because of its display;  it even uses each program's color icon,
rather than associating a plain B&W Aporia generic icon.  It's so Mac-like,
Pubtech's creators could get in trouble...

Eric

--
Eric Sheppard      Georgia Tech    |   "Of course the US Constitution isn't
Atlanta, GA                        | perfect; but it's a lot better than what