[comp.windows.ms] Windows Destroys Group File

young@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Todd Young) (11/13/90)

After leaving Windows, I often find that one of my group
files gets set to a zero file length. Anyone else seen
this problem ??

BTW: As long as I'm posting - Wordperfect 5.0 and Windows.
When saving files to floppy under WIndows, the end of the data
file sometimes gets filled with garbage. Any thoughts ??

--
Todd Young                     todd.young@StPaul.NCR.COM   ( Todd Young )
NCR Comten, St. Paul, Mn.

traiger@oxy.edu (Saul Traiger) (11/18/90)

In article <705@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM> young@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Todd Young) writes:
>After leaving Windows, I often find that one of my group
>files gets set to a zero file length. Anyone else seen
>this problem ??

I have also had this problem once or twice. After the first time this
happened I made sure to back up my .grp files to a floppy.  I have no
idea what caused this most unfortunate event.

   ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
   o   Saul Traiger		 oooooo  Cognitive Science	   o
   ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
   o   Internet:traiger@oxy.edu  *----*  Occidental College	   o
   ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
   o   CIS:71631,717		 oooooo  Los Angeles, CA 90041	   o
   ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo