[comp.windows.ms] Microsoft's SDL Driver Set

jdic@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Jonathan Dick) (11/21/90)

In the November 12 issue of PC week is an article on Microsoft's new
Supplemental Driver Library for Windows 3.0 which can "dramatically
increase performance and graphic output quality of Hewlett-Packard Co.
(HP) LaserJet Series II and III printers."

The article goes on to say: "The SDL can be downloaded from various
on-line services.  It is also available on disk for $20 by calling
Microsoft, of Redmond, Wash., at (800) 426-9400."

Does any know which particular on-line services these are?  Is the SDL
available for FTP anywhere?  Has anyone out there used the product and if
so, is it worth getting?

--------|\----o--------------------------------------------------------------
       |  \    o  | Jonathan Dick                       jdic@cc.rochester.edu
   |\ /    .\ o   | University Computing Center
   | |       (    | University of Rochester
   |/ \     /     | Rochester, NY                 Standard disclaimers apply.
       |  /       |----------------------------------------------------------
        |/        |

ejy@cbnewsi.att.com (eugene.yurek) (11/22/90)

From article <10580@ur-cc.UUCP>, by jdic@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Jonathan Dick):

> In the November 12 issue of PC week is an article on Microsoft's new
> Supplemental Driver Library for Windows 3.0 which can "dramatically
> increase performance and graphic output quality of Hewlett-Packard Co.
> (HP) LaserJet Series II and III printers."
>
> The article goes on to say: "The SDL can be downloaded from various
> on-line services.  It is also available on disk for $20 by calling
> Microsoft, of Redmond, Wash., at (800) 426-9400."
>
> Does any know which particular on-line services these are?  Is the SDL
> available for FTP anywhere?  Has anyone out there used the product and if
> so, is it worth getting?
>

> --------|\----o--------------------------------------------------------------
>        |  \    o  | Jonathan Dick                       jdic@cc.rochester.edu
>    |\ /    .\ o   | University Computing Center
>    | |       (    | University of Rochester
>    |/ \     /     | Rochester, NY                 Standard disclaimers apply.
>        |  /       |----------------------------------------------------------
>         |/        |

Look on cica.cica.indiana.edu in the directory pub/pc/win3/sdl.  The files
you are looking for are in here (that is provided you can ftp over the
internet).

--
Eugene J. Yurek				Internet: ejy@honasa.att.com
AT&T Bell Laboratories			    UUCP: ...!att!honasa!ejy

johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) (11/24/90)

In article <10580@ur-cc.UUCP> jdic@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Jonathan Dick) writes:
>The article goes on to say: "The SDL can be downloaded from various
>on-line services.  It is also available on disk for $20 by calling
[lines removed]
>Does anybody know which particular on-line services these are?  Is the SDL
>available for FTP anywhere?  Has anyone out there used the product and if
>so, is it worth getting?

One online service that is carrying the SDL is Compu$erve.  I believe the
forum you want is MSL and you can download just the disks that you want.

A lot of local BBS's carry Windows stuff these days.  You might just try a
couple of local calls before spending any money.

John Munsch