[comp.windows.ms] Stooopid icon question

neman@sunee.waterloo.edu (Neman "Napalm" Syed) (11/22/90)

Hi!  This is the type of question that I feel stooopid posting,
but here we go anyway.  I've made an icon.  I've made a .pif
file.  How do I use the icon with my pif?  I flipped through
the manual (useless at 3am), and the only pathetic solution
I've been able to come up with is using the Program Manager's
New option to enter a new icon in a group.  This is dum, cuz
now I've totally ignored my pif.  Yuck.  Any help would be
gladly devoured.

--
Neman Syed - Rebel Without A Clue
neman@sunee.uwaterloo.ca    or    neman@108.watstar.uwaterloo.ca

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (11/27/90)

In article <1990Nov22.080804.21018@sunee.waterloo.edu> neman@sunee.waterloo.edu (Neman "Napalm" Syed) writes:
>Hi!  This is the type of question that I feel stooopid posting,
>but here we go anyway.  I've made an icon.  I've made a .pif
>file.  How do I use the icon with my pif?  I flipped through
>the manual (useless at 3am), and the only pathetic solution
>I've been able to come up with is using the Program Manager's
>New option to enter a new icon in a group.  This is dum, cuz
>now I've totally ignored my pif.  Yuck.  Any help would be
>gladly devoured.

In the program manager, you can change the icon displayed once you have created
one for the PIF file.

However, there is NO way to have that icon displayed when the application is
launched and minimized. You will just get the dumb old DOS icon.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254