[comp.windows.ms] WinQVT 4.51 - problem with new font file

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (11/28/90)

I've just tried version 4.51 of WinQVT and it looks great. However, I had
trouble with the new font file. When I started it up, it chose some proportional
font (probably the system font), which messed up the screen something awful. I
replaced the new VT220.FON file with the old one and it works fine (so far). Has
anyone else had a problem? I know that Windows sometimes gets confused and makes
strange choices for fonts if there are a lot available (like choosing DingBats
instead of Symbol). Is this an instance of that?
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |

tim@banyan.UUCP (Tim Henrion@Eng@Banyan) (11/28/90)

Roger Hadgraft writes:
> I've just tried version 4.51 of WinQVT and it looks great.
> However, I had trouble with the new font file. When I started
> it up, it chose some proportional font (probably the system
> font), which messed up the screen something awful. I
> replaced the new VT220.FON file with the old one and it
> works fine (so far). Has anyone else had a problem?

	Same thing happened to me. The first time I ran
	it everything was dandy. After that, you appear to
	get one of the Tms Rmn fonts. Re-copying the VT220.FON
	to my \WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory did not help.

	Does anybody know if this version fixes the "ALT-TAB
	from WinQVT crashes Windows" problem?

Tim Henrion
tim@banyan.com --or-- ...!bu.edu!banyan!tim