[comp.windows.ms] Avoiding Sheet1 in Excel?

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (11/28/90)

Could someone tell me how to bring up Excel without having Sheet1 present?
I remember there was a discussion on it, but I didn't have Excel at the
time, so I didn't pay attention.

Timur--
------------------------------------------------------------ The Time Traveler
I love you, Timur.                                           a.k.a. Timur Tabi
Promise you'll never forget me?                   Internet: timur@seas.gwu.edu
                                   - Banu         Bitnet:         HE891C@GWUVM

press@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Barry Press) (11/29/90)

In article <2382@sparko.gwu.edu> timur@seas.gwu.edu () writes:

>Could someone tell me how to bring up Excel without having Sheet1 present?
>I remember there was a discussion on it, but I didn't have Excel at the
>time, so I didn't pay attention.

Let's assume that you have a file of your favorite macros, such as one that
outlines the selected region and is tied to ^O.  I have saved this as a
hidden file (in the excel sense) (mod it, hide it, exit excel, and answer
yes abour saving the changed file).  THEN, put the line open=<path to file>
in the [Microsoft Excel] section of win.ini, and it will load that file
each and every time you start excel.  The side effect is that it will no
longer create sheet1.

The bad news is that, if you have share loaded, then you don't want to quit
windows without closing excel first -- if you do, then the next time you
start excel, it will nag you that the file is read only (but you can
confirm the dialog box and life continues).

--
Barry Press                                 Internet: press@venice.sedd.trw.com