[comp.windows.ms] Pagemaker 3.0/Windows 3.0 --> Color dot matrix

woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu (MIKE WOOLARD) (11/27/90)

Is there a way to make Pagemaker 3.0 within Windows 3.0 print
in COLOR on the Citizen GSX140 color dot matrix printer?  I am
getting Corel Draw, and a postscript package to use at home for some
serious DTP, and would like to be able to use the color capabilities
of my printer to do some things....

Is Windows 3.0 just short of color printer drivers, or is there one?

Please e-mail direct

   Mike Woolard
   woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu
    _____   _____   ____   _____   _____           _____
   |_____} |     | |____| |____   |       |_____| |___

ron@augeas.cs.athabascau.ca (Ron Haukenfrers) (11/29/90)

woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu (MIKE WOOLARD) writes:

>Is there a way to make Pagemaker 3.0 within Windows 3.0 print
>in COLOR on the Citizen GSX140 color dot matrix printer?  I am
>getting Corel Draw, and a postscript package to use at home for some
>serious DTP, and would like to be able to use the color capabilities
>of my printer to do some things....

>Is Windows 3.0 just short of color printer drivers, or is there one?

>Please e-mail direct

I too have a GSX140 with the color option and was quite dissapointed to
learn that Windows 3.0 has a real problem with color on dot matrix printers.
My problem was with paintbrush getting to print in color.  Even though I've
informed Printer Setup that I have color, the image would only print in
Black and White.

I've contacted both Citizen and Microsoft Canada to which they both replied
Paintbrush only supports color on Postscript type devices.

--
Ron Haukenfrers     			ron@cs.athabascau.ca
Academic Programmer/Analyst		{alberta,cbmvax,mips}!atha!ron